Self-employed artistic work

Self-employed artists do not require an employment permit for the self-employed work they carry out. Self-employed artistic activity needs to be evidenced when applying for a visa or a residence permit (see also the following chapters Can a visa be extended in Austria? and Special requirements for a residence permit-artist).